Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Running in the rain.

Gosh, ever since the snowtrip I can't get back on track running. Not that I can't run when I'm supposed to, I just get tired so quick and I'm struggling to finish. Probably because of the minor injury to my ankle while snowboarding. All it takes is a fall one good time and it messes up your week of snowboarding- then dealing with an injury for at least a year before it's time to go back again. That's what happen on the 2015 ski trip. On day 4 of snowboarding my board clips a patch of snow, I fall forward and twist my knee; and that did me up for the rest of the week. I went home with a bruised knee so bad that it took almost a year to heal and just before our 2016 Snowtrip it gets better until my big wipe-out coming down the backside of the mountain to twist my ankle then the old knee injury starts to hurt again. THAT's gotta be why I'm having trouble running. Crap! Well, I can't let that stop my progress #10pounds at a time. Today it's refreshing to feel the coolness and the sweet smell of the rain coming on. I'm so grateful for God sending the rain - because it finally cleans all the yellow pollen off of everything. Anyhow, I did week five, day one off my C25K app instead of completing my week 7 day 3. I completed my run, and it felt great. I'm planning to just start from the beginning this coming Monday. Hopefully this will aid in meeting my 10 pound goal for this month. We'll see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment