Saturday, April 23, 2016

Blue October... and Talking About Jesus.



Marissa Snyder [My daughter],
Baby Micah [My Grandson] & Ryan Delahoussaye
 🎼 Dancing in the kitchen in the pale moonlight, Only care in the world is that our kids are all right, Daddy loves momma and momma loves him.  Tomorrow we get to do it over again.

🎼 So smile at me baby, take my breath away. With the good Lord willing, I'll be happy to say, That daddy loves momma and momma loves him.  Tomorrow we get to do it over again.🎼


 I'm still singing the song in my head....If you haven't heard Blue October's new song #Home by now...well maybe your not a hard-core fan as me.   Their album was released April 22, 2016 and Blue October made a stop in Houston for a CD signing at Barnes & Nobles in River Oaks.


I absolutely love this picture of us and the members of Blue October.

My older kido +Marissa Snyder and +Stephen Salinas have accompanied me to a couple of their concerts; where they witness their momma yell'in, singing [by their ears off-key] at the top of my lungs and dancing like no-ones watching.  I've enjoyed their music not just because it's great or because they are #HoustonBorn & #HoustonRaised; their music is reminiscent to some of my own life and struggles.  Since turning my life around with Christ my Savior, I didn't want to miss an opportunity to talk about Jesus.

Talking about JESUS!

Justin Furstenfeld thanking me after
our brief talk about Jesus.
During my photo op with the band I briefly spoke with Justin Furstenfeld, about being encouraged that he sings and acknowledges our Lord.  [Weird that I struggled to speak].... but I had to tell him.  I continued to say,  "I may not know your heart, but if he puts God first, He will lead you.  Because with Him all things are possible."    With a sincere smile Justin said "Thank you for that. That means a lot to me."  Whoa...I guess I could have said anything else, but my heart was led to say JUST that.... 


There are many people of influence whom don't speak of God or religion because if political correctness.   With Justin it's great to see #God working in someone's life and making a difference.  And I pray he does allow God keep working on him and his family.


Ryan Delahoussaye & ME
[Brother & Sister in Christ]

  Even better, I had a great conversation with Ryan Delahoussaye.  He openly talked about giving his life over to Christ years back.  He freely told me that everything he does is for Christ.  Ryan even said, when he gets to Heaven he didn't want God upset with him - by not doing everything he could for Christ.  #RyanDelahoussaye sounds like a God-Fearing Man to me.  But seriously, it warmed my heart to know WE ARE brother and sister in Christ!!  Its such a blessing knowing that God has a hold of Ryan's life.  #ThankYouJesus  #SavedByGrace #ItsWellWithMySoul #BlueOctober #TrustInJesus  

Monica Smith & Justin Furstenfeld
Monica Smith & Jeremy Furstenfeld

Matt Noveskey, Ryan Delahoussaye, Marissa Snyder [My Daughter], Justin Furstenfeld, BabyMicah Snyder [My grandbaby], Jeremy Furstenfeld


My Grandson Micah was the Star in this picture!
Monica Smith with the members of Blue October.

Umm yup! My momma Mary Jimenez was there, too.
Hey, thats the Blue October tour bus parked by us!





























2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Glad you got to meet them. I hope to see them in March 2020.
    Blessings to you and family.
    Pastor Clark - Glory Tabernacle Church
    Whiteville NC

    ReplyDelete